Programul de descriere
Scholarships available until September 30th, 2020
“We believe that everyone with the desire and qualifications to study at IUBH should have the opportunity to do so. Therefore, all applicants by September 30th, 2020 will receive a 2.500€ scholarship from IUBH University of Applied Sciences. The amount of scholarships is limited and only available for the first 100 accepted applicants. Apply today and receive the scholarship!”
Due to COVID-19, all lectures at IUBH University of Applied Sciences will occur in a virtual classroom until further notice. We aim to ensure that the current special circumstances will not result in students being disadvantaged in their course of study.
Career springboard MBA
The hospitality industry is an important engine for jobs and the economy: One in ten jobs worldwide is in this versatile industry. Do you already have work experience in this area, but now want to expand your management skills so you can reach the next level in your career?
Then our MBA program with a major in Hospitality Management is the right choice for you. The industry covers a very wide field with countless, often cross-industry opportunities. In addition to the classic hotel sector, it includes hospitality as well as adjacent industries, such as amusement parks, casinos or airlines, and service providers such as hospitality consulting and IT service providers. During your studies, you will develop the skills you need as a leader in a consistently international industry.
Facts & Figures
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||on Campus, Smart Entry, Online||3 semesters|
|Bad Honnef, Berlin||from 5.995 EUR per semester||Bachelor’s degree, professional experience, proof of English language skills|
What you will learn from us
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You learn how to strategically and operationally apply management concepts to international companies.
- You deepen your knowledge of the structure and success factors of value-adding business models – in the hospitality industry in general and in the hotel industry in particular.
- You discuss the development and maintenance of international hotel brands, financing of growth strategies, and profit-oriented operation of individual hotels.
Course of study at a glance
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Management
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
Elective courses (choose 4 out of 5)
- Hospitality Management Seminar
- Advanced Revenue Management
- Hospitality Planning and Development
- Advanced Food and Beverage Management
- Strategic Hospitality Marketing
- Strategic Management
- Operations and Information Management
- Business Ethics & Corporate Governance
- Capstone Project
How does the course of studies work?
In the second semester of your MBA program Hospitality Management, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Where you will be studying
You can pursue your MBA degree at the two German campuses in Bad Honnef, Berlin, and online.
The Hospitality Management MBA program prepares you for a range of responsibilities. After graduation, for example, you can work as a:
Guest Relations Manager
A Guest Relations Manager takes care of guest requests, suggestions, and complaints and works very closely with the various departments in hotels. An essential part of their working day involves flawless preparation for guest arrivals and later follow-ups They have to keep all aspects of the reception, switchboard, concierge, and reservation areas in view. Guest Relations Managers are also qualified to take on management roles. This means they are authorized to make arrangements that are relevant to the safety of the hotel, guests, and employees, such as bans or the evacuation of the hotel or sections of the hotel. To do so, they must be familiar with all security measures in the hotel and know what actions to take in emergency situations.
Project Managers are often sought in large companies or the trade fair industry. They are responsible for the organization and handling of individual event projects. In addition to planning trade fair appearances and employee or customer events, they also manage practical implementation as well as budget planning and evaluation. The exchange and coordination of external and internal service providers are also part of the Project Manager’s responsibilities.
Marketing Managers are responsible for the conception of marketing, product design, pricing, communication, promotion, promotion, and sales. They deal with various market research methods, advertising, and design in the national and international market environment. The general responsibilities of a Marketing Manager include marketing planning, marketing control, coordination of in-house functional and business areas with regard to the requirements of marketing design, development of efficient marketing organization, and management of marketing personnel.
Your career? International!
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university (3-year program or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- A final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- At least 1 year of full-time professional and relevant experience after your Bachelor´s graduation (internships do not qualify)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Duolingo 105 points / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your options.
Have you chosen a degree program? Apply now! We will take you through the admission process step-by-step, and look forward to getting to know you better.
EU & EEA applicants
- Upload your application at www.iubh.de/onb
- Conduct Admission Interview
- Receive a letter of admission & tuition contract
- Send back signed tuition contract
- Start your studies at IUBH
- Upload your application at www.iubh.de/onb
- Conduct the admission interview
- Receive the offer letter
- Make a deposit and open blocked account
- Receive the letter of admission & tuition contract
- Receive your visa and start your studies
After you submit your online application, we will check if you fulfill the entry requirements and will contact you within two weeks. Please be sure to send with your application all of the documents listed below:
- Letter of Motivation
- Passport Copy
- Academic Diplomas and Transcript of Records
- Proof of English Proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/Cambridge A or P)
- Proof of work experience (if any)
Hospitality Management | A brief explanation from IUBH Professor Legrand from IUBH on Vimeo.
IUBH Campus Studies at IUBH University of Applied Sciences offers on-campus degree programs that have a strong international focus: all courses are taught in English, the curriculum is aligned to the ... Citeste mai mult